BLESSINGS IN MY LIFE AS A FARMER

At the outbreak of World War II, December 8, 1941, my schooling at the Cagayan National High School as a First Year Student was abruptly ended. Being the eldest son in the family, although barely thirteen years old, I had to fend for a living because my father then was in the battlefields of Bataan. Hence, I sought the help of my uncle, Dominador M. Cagurangan, who readily took me to assist them in farming. My cousin, Dicong Cagurangan, taught me how to plow, sow seeds, pasture carabaos and all the other activities that a farmer should do. I truly enjoyed the life of a farmer so much so that I even wanted to remain a farmer throughout my whole life. But God had other plans for me. One day while I was in the field pasturing carabaos I got a call from my parents to go home for an important appointment. When I reached home I was told that our parish priest, Rev. Fr. Telesforo Cordova, wanted to see me.

No comments: