BLESSINGS IN MY LIFE AS A PUBLIC SERVANT

In 1980, although still connected with SPCT, I was elected to serve as a Municipal Councilor (Kagawad) in the town of Tuguegarao. Hon. Apolonio Reyes was our Mayor, Hon. Edwin Pascua was our Vice-Mayor, and my Co-Councilors were: Hon. Supremo Bautista, Hon. Victor Perez, Hon. Arnel Arugay, Hon. Plaridel Israel, Hon. Dominador Narag, Hon. Dominador Soriano, Hon. Asuncion Baculi, and Hon. Joseph Abraham. Working together as a team, we created ordinances, made budget proposals, monitored and evaluated municipal projects, and deliberated on issues affecting the welfare of the municipality as a whole. One of the projects that could be attributed to our administration was the construction of the Don Domingo Central Market.

I served as a Kagawad for a period of eight years. In 1988 I opted not to run anymore for re-election, since I felt a calling of the Lord to dedicate myself to the task of evangelization, particularly in the Catechetical Ministry, where I was commissioned by our Archbishop, His Excellency Diosdado A. Talamayan, to serve as Archdiocesan Catechetical Coordinator and Trainor.

No comments: