CONCLUSION

My writing may not meet the standards of professional writers, but at least I have tried to express my thoughts and feelings with the end in view of thanking and glorifying God, Who, in His infinite goodness and love, has deigned to bestow on my humble being countless blessings that I can never repay.

There are, indeed, many more persons who came into my life, but I have limited myself to those who closely walked with me in my earthly pilgrimage and became channels, in one way or another, of God’s blessings on me.

I feel that I am now at the stage of gradually fading away from the battlefield of life here on earth. As I look back, I can still recall certain moments in my life, when I courageously stood for what I believe was right or just and in the process had to suffer some painful consequences. But I am glad to note that somehow God, in His own goodtime, has vindicated me and made the “good triumph over evil”.

As I begin to fade away, I carry along with me the memory of a life, full of struggles, and full of significant events – some uplifting, others demoralizing – but through it all I see the hand of God ever sustaining me and urging me to carry on. I thank God for His merciful forgiveness of all my sinfulness, and His unfailing loving presence in my life. I trust that He will continue to give me the graces I still need to bring my earthly life to a happy ending;

1. a life that has somehow contributed towards the evolutionary process for
a better world,

2. a life that may have somehow touched the lives of others and encouraged
them to live a life that is guided by the basic principle of love.

3. a life that would make me fortunate enough to be counted among the sheep who will be placed on the right side and hear the words of Christ:

“Come, you have my Father’s blessing! Inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the beginning of the world. For I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you welcomed Me; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you comforted Me; I was in prison and you visited Me. . . . Truly, I assure you, as often as you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even to the least of them, you did it to Me”. (Matt. 25: 33-40)

As I end this memoir, there is a song that is ringing in my heart saying:

“In His time, in His time,
He makes all things beautiful in His time,
Lord, please show me everyday
As You are teaching me Your way
That I do just what You say – in Your time.

In Your time, in Your time,
You make all things beautiful in Your time,
Lord my life to You I bring
May each song I have to sing
Be to You a lovely thing
In Your time.

I now see my life like a seed that was planted and has undergone a process of transformation through a series of problems, trials, challenges and difficulties, and being constantly watered by Divine Blessings it will continue to grow, blossom and bear fruit for God’s Greater Glory.

A saint has said that the “Glory of God is a Man Fully Alive”. For me, a Man Fully Alive means one who always strives to live a harmonious life, blending his thoughts, words, deeds and feelings together, and fully focused on “Doing the Will of God”, so as to create, like music, a pleasing sound – i.e. – a personality that is pleasing to God and edifying to men. Such is my VISION and I believe that with God’s own graces I have somehow succeeded amidst the storms of my earthly life to become a Man Fully Alive GIVING GLORY TO GOD, OUR FATHER, THROUGH JESUS AS EMPOWERED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT. AMEN!

O. A. M. D. G.
OMNIA AD MAIOREM DEI GLORIAM
ALL FOR THE GREATER GLORY OF GOD

1 comment:

Amado Urtis said...

It is indeed special GOD blessings to you Buddy and Ofelia. You bless other people through your sincere manifestations of Christian faith in word and deed. I'll be praying for both of you that God will continue to pour his blessings to you and Ofelia.
As I read your memoir, I came across some familiar names like Ofelia, Conrado and then Evelyn, then I realized that it’s about the Quimosing Family. What a small world it is. Before I proceed, I would like to introduce myself. I am Amado Urtis, Jr. from Aparri, Cagayan. I studied part of my high school at the Ateneo de Tuguegarao. I am a 1967 BSME graduate at Mapua Institute of Technology. My wife (niece of Archbishop, Rev. Diosdado A. Talamayan) and I immigrated here in USA in 1977. I am a mechanical engr at Bechtel Corporation. We live in Sugar Land, Texas since 1981. This is a suburb of Houston, Texas. My wife and I are also members of a Catholic Charismatic prayer groups in Sugar Land since 1991. We meet every Tuesday and Friday nights.

Way back 1967 and 1968, I started courting Evelyn but somehow we were not mend for each other. I just don’t know if Ofelia can still recall my name. The reason why I am writing you Bro Buddy this letter is that in 2000 I dreamed of Evelyn. So, I was wondering what it meant. I thought she needs my prayers which I did ever since. Last April, I dreamed of her again. That the reason why I search her name in the internet. Low and behold, your memoir shows. Bro Buddy, You mentioned that Evelyn has some health problems.
That gets me worried. Please tell her that she’ll always be in my daily prayers. If anything that I can help, please let me know. Before I forget, my mother told me long time back that Evelyn’s father Conrad also courted her. What really a small world. Thank you Bro Buddy for your memoir. It is very spirit filled biography. May God bless you and your family.

Bro Buddy, If it is okay could you please send me the email address and Telephone no of Evelyn. Thanks ones again.


Amado Urtis
Email Address: arurtis@echtel.com Amado_urtis@msn.com

Tel no. 713-235-3701 (Office)
832-656-6880 (Cellular)